Friday, June 25, 2010

Cause What I Had Is Slippin' Fast, Dr. Howe Please Call Me Back

So hey, I'm starting to work a lot more. This means that I have a lot less time to just loaf around on my futon and listen to music and write whatever crosses my mind here. I still try to think about things to write about at work but don't always remember them.

So here goes: (it's all random music shit)

"Convinced I'm Wrong" by Polar Bear Club is hands down my favourite song at the moment. I got their last two albums at the same time and thought that Chasing Hamburg was the better of the two, even though everyone loves the fuck out of Sometimes Things Just Disappear. I have now realized that the opposite is true, and everyone's opinion is right. It is just a fucking crushing destroyer of an album. The song is the best way to end it. Hands down their best.


I Am The Avalanche's album is way better than I first gave it credit for upon my first few times hearing it. Like, it's really good, bra. The Movielife was an absolutely incredible band and to me this album seems like a great way to grow on that band's sound (if you don't know, Vinnie Caruna was/is the singer of both bands. IATA formed after The Movielife broke up). In my opinion this record sounds like a combination of Fugazi and Lifetime. Everything that's good right?

Bayside's Smoking Popes cover still really rules.

You know how I said about two posts ago that I had never gotten around to checking out Brand New's Your Favourite Weapon? I changed that. I like it. It's a rad album. Especially "Seventy Times Seven" and "Mix Tape", but those seem to be everyone's favourites off the album anyways.

I hadn't listened to Rehasher in way, way too long. Fast music rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment